Saturday, November 2, 2013
Online Games
I like using online games with my middle schoolers. I think it provides an alternative way to practice using new information and it gives them a break from heavy reading and lecture. However, many games out there are worthless. There is a website www.coolmathgames.com". There are almost no valuable games where students actually practice there math skills on this site! Like stated in this week's articles, the trick with online games is making then relevant yet engaging. I think this is easier to do with children because they are stimulated by the immediate feedback a game gives and they are drawn in by the graphics. However, they can be distracted by the same components and learn to "click around" the challenging tasks to get to the reward. I hope I get the opportunity as a future ID to work with the SMEs and Tech guys to create interactive lessons, be it a game or any activity. From my limited view, adult training lacks interactivity and engagement. Immersion only seems to happen when you are thrust with new information and then sen back to work with it and you have to learn how to implement it on the fly. I think it takes time, organization, planning and creativity to give professional adult the opportunity interact and engage within the training lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment