Tuesday, September 24, 2013

INSDSG 640 Introduction

9-11-2013
Hello! I'm Sue Crews and I live in Henrico, VA just west of Richmond. I am special education teacher for an area middle school. (It is not as glamorous as it sounds.)  I am a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to delivering instruction to a variety of learners who are all elbowing their way through the most comfortable 3 years of their lives.
Our county school system is fortunate enough to have a big technology initiative.  So all the middle and high school kids have a school issued Dell laptop. This means they are using e learning at an early age and I have some catching up to do. Daily we use an LMS, so it has given me some experience with e learning, although I would still consider myself a novice. 
I have a goofy and wonderful 11 year old  5th grader who doesn't understand why I get to "play" on the computer but he is banned from electronics during the week. I have been "playing" online with UMass since the summer of 2012 and hope to complete the program in the spring of 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment